


Whilst watching 'Summer Exhibition' BBC2, I noticed C J Lim's work. He is an architect at the University of UCL who has won two awards from the Royal Academy this year for his fantasy architecture drawing work. His work is painstakingly delicate, and takes an unbelievable amount of time to produce however you certainly appreciate this whilst looking at his work
Based upon other constructions'His entry this year was inspired by the story of the three pigs, although the straw, stick and brick houses are now towers and instead of being set in woodland, they are to be found in Smithfield meat market.' http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0706/07061307.
I feel this fantasy approach is very unique and could open a far more avenues for architectural buildings, even though they may not be as far fetched. Please see images above. I feel they do not do justice to how much work has been put in to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment