Thursday, 16 August 2007

Greek God's and Heroes by Robert Graves



I have recently read a few stories from the book Greek God's and Hero's. The stories themselves rather than the book, I truly admire. I found it amazing how these stories where built up in ancient Greek times I can even relate to. The Greek’s built up a family of God's that 'rather like any rich human family on earth.' The Greek’s not only offered sacrifices to them but they also poked fun at them, they were sort of entertainment for the race, much like we have a soap on TV. The myths that incorporate the Gods/ hero's seem magical; they suggest our basic instinct for a need of entertainment/ belonging and consequence. Within the stories there are many disputes, romances, and general actions that create consequences that have supposedly built the world to what it is. 'They legends of Acient Greece have captivated audiences for centeries. They have inspired great works of art and literature.' Defiantly an interesting read.

No comments: