
When I originally saw it I thought - odd way to portray the safety procedures of a plane, as most of the illustrated cartoon is filled with a plane filling up with water. However the concept behind the film in Fenwick’s words is…'The idea for ‘Safety Procedure’ came from an article that I read in a newspaper about the fact that an aeroplane had never successfully landed on water in an emergency.' Therefore the film is portraying fact rather than what is normally said. Interesting concept, which shows nothing is said how it really is - to comfort the public. How much other media uses this function. As suggested by Gareth Crook on the website 'This film of course won't change anything, but it raises a very good point, one that people should perhaps be aware of.'
Beyond concept the main reason why I liked this film was the way the procedures where shown and animated- through the commonly seen procedure cards on the plane, which is simply a different way of presenting the information. My only criticism is the alarm sound may be slightly over powering throughout.
Info about Richard Fenwick http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/filmnetwork/U3243944.
No comments:
Post a Comment