Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Plus et Plus Commercials

Design company Plus et Plus, have done some nice tv commercials.

I like the Sunsilk commercials. There are four commercials in total for Dry, Frizzy, Flat and poofy hair. Each advert uses animated vector shaped illustrations. Each has the distinctive colour. The colours relate well to the target market and create a contemporary yet girly ambience. Conceptually they take the essence of what the shampoo does and animates it through other means, by the use of funky, fun, girly images. For example for dry a drink/cocktail is animated and for poofy, a poodle is used. I like the quick snappy tone of the advert, which holds just enough information for the busy modern women. However despite this I feel some of the copy could have been worked on further ‘quench that dry’ doesn’t make that much sense for the dry hair advert, however with the voice over and the added line get hairapy, there is a suggestion of the cute/ girly/ fun/ carefree/ attitude. The adverts defiantly works well digitally/ animated, rather than a still advert, I also like the way the product is revealed at the end, the girly illustration captures the woman audience and draws them in before showing what the product is.




Another ad I quite liked, not for persuasive value but rather artistic direction is the Volvo Zipper, where multiple cars and envisaged a zip.

No comments: