

I found this blood pillow on the website http://www.fromkeetra.com/ amongst a nice selection of work. I found it strange how death/pain can be turned to become novelty or even amusing. I think the way its been photographed adds to the idea, the raw everyday snap shots, of people working in the office etc makes it more humorous. There is a contrast of being asleep peacefully rather than knocked out. Despite my thoughts its interesting to find that someone described it as poor taste on the following website http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2007/04/blood_puddle_pillows.html. I suppose it is a rather dark sense of humor.
1 comment:
interesting pillow to design and for some reason death can be humerous, its like Itchy and Scratchy on The Simpsons...when its portryed in a humerous way then we can laugh at it. I dont see it as sick humour, its just people messing around and when you look at it you can tell its not real, some people take things to serious.
Post a Comment