Sunday, 26 August 2007

The Jupiter drawing room -http://www.jupiter.co.za




This Jupiter drawing room has used some nice unconventional advertising methods. I particularly like the closet built for the Nedbank Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. It uses the well-known phrase coming out of the closet, yet I believe in a friendly witty nature. A very different way of advertising, though I would be concerned that it could blend in to the background too much.
However 'Another dimension was added to the idea by looping a recording of random knocking and screaming and playing it from within the closet. This created the illusion that actual people were trapped within, and were dying to come out. It also generated lots of smiles.' The positioning of such adverts is vital. It shows that even 3d objects can be used with advertising rather than the traditional print and new age digital.

1 comment:

ksw said...

My favourite of these is the smart car- can't beat a bit of political satire!