

Whiskas' Cat Food as has just released a new campaign. I must admit the advert did catch my eye within a TV magazine. Perhaps due to the simple background, aesthetically pleasing crafted origami chicken and because not many other animal food ad's have an experimental quality. So I thought it was worth blogging. However I then showed my mother who said the first time she saw it she thought it was a screwed up piece of paper and didn't take much more notice than that. Admittedly she was not wearing her glasses and we don't own a cat, so perhaps the ad didn't need to strike her. I then thought about the ad again, it was aesthetically pleasing to me, however I like anything slightly artistic. I can understand the concept that there are whole chunks of chicken/beef/fish/lamb etc, therefore the chicken/cow/fish/sheep is relevant, buy why origami? does that suggest a playful brand? and should there be a small reference a to the cat? However that may not be required as Whiskas is a big brand, and maybe if it did it would loose its eye-catching simplicity. Does this eye-catching simplicity/ arty/ wittiness actually gain more sales? Do the public like this or sometimes are they just looking for a brand who says it like it is?
I think this origami creatures could have been animated a little better online.
1 comment:
these are wicked, and very cute.
Post a Comment